What is GLMR token?
GLMR is the native token of Moonbeam Network.
What is the GLMR token used for?
- Transaction fees
- Incentivising collators
- Fund parachain slot
- Governance mechanisms
What is Moonbeam?
Moonbeam is an EVM compatible parachain for multichain dApps on Polkadot.
How does Moonbeam work?
Moonbeam will make it easy to deploy and use Ethereum projects on Polkadot.
The network is launching with a crowdloan for a parachain slot.
Moonbeam’s sister network Moonriver is already deployed and running on Kusama.
- 80% Burned
- 20% Treasury (governance controlled)
- 2,5% – Stakers
- 1,5% – Parachain bond reserve (to fund it in perpetuity)
- 1% – Collators
- Collators validate transactions on the network.
- Users stake tokens to vote on collators.
- 20% of inflation (5% annual) goes to collators
- 50% of inflation (5% annual) goes to users who stake
On Polkadot projects bid for a parachain slot by locking DOT tokens in a crowdloan.
- (DOT Contribution/Total DOT Contributions) * 100M GLMR
- 30% unlocked, 70% vested over 96 weeks.
Minted supply: 100 000 000 tokens
Inflation: 5% uncapped supply
- 14% – Seed funding
- 12% – Strategic funding
- 10% – Take flight event
- 10% – Crowdloan
- 5% – Parachain bond funding
- 0.5% – Parachain bond reserve
- 0.5% – Treasury
- 15% – Development
- 8% – Liquidity programs
- 4.5% – Developer adoption program
- 4.5% – Key partners
- 1.4% – Early backers
- 10% – Founders
- 4.6% – Future employees